Super Street Fighter IV will carry international tournament rules and each player will be split into grouped, ladder matches.
- Age limit of 16 years or older is in effect
- If you are younger than 16 years of age and believe you are competent in Street Fighter IV it will be necessary to have your Parent/Guardian’s approval by them registering for you at the described locations. If you become the Ultimate Showdown Champion your Parent/Guardian will have to collect the Prize Winnings on your behalf.
- The timer will be set at 99 seconds
- The rounds will be set to best out of 3
- The handicap will be turned off
- All characters are allowed
- The competitors’ names will be pulled from a random draw for the initial grouping.
- Each player will battle a best of 3 rounds out of 3 fights, i.e. (win against an opponent in 2 rounds twice to win a higher position in the ladder.)
- Each group winner will progress on to the next day of competition to face off against another group of players. Please note that the further you progress, the harder the fights will get.
- Players are allowed one minute and thirty seconds to set their configurations and test their buttons before the actual face off. After that they will quit out and enter again, select characters and wait to fight.
- There will be no pausing during the actual face off. An opponent who “PAUSES” the game will forfeit the round that has been PAUSED in.
- Players are urged to bring their own PS3 controllers or PS3 Arcade sticks if they are not comfortable with “foreign” controllers.
- There will be a loser’s bracket whereby losers will fight again and the winner gets the opportunity to move on to the semi-finals.
The Conditions Of Victory Are As Follows:
- Win two games against a single opponent. Each game consists of 3 rounds, the best of 3 advances.
- In the unlikely event of a tie there will be a sudden death 3 Round Match to determine the winner
- Winners move on to Secondary Bracket where they will compete against other winners. This will continue until the Semi-Finals and Finals
- The number of brackets is determined by the number of entries.
- No Slurs: Negative comments about players, spectators and staff, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation
- There will be NO abusive language allowed
- There will be no alcohol allowed during GAMEPLAY or whilst in the confinements of the gaming arena
- There will be no use of narcotics or paraphernalia
- There will be no weapons allowed
- There will be no fighting allowed, other than onscreen
- DizzyMalliki Productions, 2 Rules, or Mall Internationale are not liable for unintended injury or death however caused while within the confines of the gaming area.
- Players would be contacted via email and/or cellular phone to inform the times that they would be scheduled to play.
- Photographs and video will be taken of contestants for promotional purposes.